Residential Recycling Schedule:
View/print the 2020 Recycling Schedule.
HOW TO PLACE YOUR CARTS
1. When should I place my cart out for collection?
- Put your cart out by 7:00 am on collection day, but no sooner than the night before.
2. How should I place my carts on collection day?
- Place them - Place the carts on or next to the street with the WHEELS AGAINST THE CURB OR EDGE OF THE ROAD.
- Space them - Allow one arm's length clearance (one meter or 39 inches) on all sides of each cart to allow enough room for the collection arm on the automated truck to grab your cart. Make sure they are not under any low-hanging objects (e.g., trees, eavestroughs, basketball net).
- Return them - Take your carts back onto your property as soon as possible after collection.
3. How do I place my carts in winter?
- Make sure the area around and under your carts is clear of snow.
- Do not place the carts behind or on top of a snowbank.
- Clear the snow and ice off the cart lids so that they open easily when the carts are emptied.
Keep the lids closed at all times to keep the snow or rain out of your carts.
Here are some reasons why your collection may have been missed, and how to report a missed collection.
- Not enough space around the carts
The collection arm on the truck needs space (at least one arm's length) so it will not tip over other carts or damage property.
- Cart facing the wrong way (Wheels must point to the curb)
Dumping the cart backwards can break or damage the lid.
- The cart lid must be completely closed. Otherwise the lid can be damaged when the cart is emptied.
- Items on top or beside the cart
- Cart blocked -on the ground (e.g., snowbank, parked vehicle) -overhead (e.g., low hanging wires, trees, eavestroughs)
- Inappropriate waste in your recycling cart
-Garbage or plastic bags
-Household hazardous waste
-Other waste that needs special handling
If your cart was not tagged and none of these reasons explain why your cart wasn't emptied, please leave it out and contact EMTERRA at 204-772-0770.
Information about Recycling:
What can I recycle?
Where can I recycle plastic bags?
Did you know you could recycle your compact fluorescent lights and leftover paint? Both of these items are accepted at Sainte. Anne Builders Supply, 29 Centrale Ave, Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 6:00pm.
Some recycling DO’s & DON’Ts:
- DON'T put your recycling in clear plastic bags
- DO take your lids off all glass and plastic containers
- DO rinse all containers
- DON’T include garbage, food, diapers, wood, Styrofoam (meat trays, packaging etc), scrap metals nor plastic bags
Electronic Recycling Program:
Click to go to the WEBSITE. There you will find what can be recycled and where you can drop these items off. There are 2 convenient locations in Steinbach.... Eastman Reycyling at 60 Industrial Rd. and Staples (restricted to residential ewaste) Do your part and recycle your electronics.