Garbage & Recycling
There is NO dumping of garbage of any kind at the Town of Sainte-Anne Landfill. Anyone caught dumping illegally may be fined. If you have any questions concerning the town’s garbage policy, please contact Marc Darker, Operations Manager for the Town of Sainte. Anne, at 204 422-5293 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on a link to access specific information:
Town of Sainte. Anne By-Law No. 14-2014 Waste Management System (garbage). Due to new landfill regulations and the increase cost of nuisance grounds, there will be new rules implemented for garbage pickup effective December 1st, 2014
Garbage must be put out no earlier than 8:00 pm the night before pickup and no later than 8:00 am on pickup day. Garbage must be placed to the front property line (curb side) and accessible from the street.
Garbage pickup will only include:
a) Landfill waste “all discarded waste but does not include Agricultural waste, animal waste, ashes, combustible waste, construction/demolition waste, excavation waste, Industrial waste. Liquid waste, metallic waste, recyclable waste and yard waste”. Waste must be placed in garbage bags with a maximum size of 67cm by 92cm (26” x 36”) and not weigh more than 20 kilograms (45 pounds). Residential pickup dates will not change from current schedule.
b) Yard waste “leaves, grass clippings, garden and flower bed vegetation and tree trimmings” Waste must be placed in paper or garden bags, with a maximum size of 76cm by 122cm (30” x 48”) and not weigh more than 20kg’s (45 lbs.). Yard waste will be picked up every Monday ONLY.
c) Combustible Waste “tree boughs, branches, stumps, wood (unpainted/ unstained), lumber and includes cardboard”. Where practical waste shall be placed in paper bag, with a maximum size of 76cm by 122cm (30” x 48”) and not weigh more than 20kg’s (45 lbs.), where not practical, waste will be bundled and securely tied and not exceed 122 cm (48”) in length and 92cm (36”) in width. Combustibles will be picked up every Monday ONLY.
Items that will not be picked up:
• Agricultural Waste (include but not limited to: crop residue, herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers)
• Animal Waste (manure, excrement, carcass or parts. Does not include household pet excrement)
• Bulky Waste (item having a weight which exceeds 32 kgs (75 lbs.) or a total dimension exceed 3 cubic meters (7 cubic yards) includes appliances, furniture, auto parts, large crates, packing products, hay and straw)
• Construction/Demolition Waste (mixture of building materials/rubble, resulting from construction, remodeling, renovations, repairs demolition)
• Excavation Waste (soil, earth, gravel, asphalt, concrete, stone)
• Industrial Waste (solid or liquid waste, resulting from processing, operating of processing /industrial/manufacturing plants)
• Hazardous Waste (any substance listed in the Dangerous Goods Handling & Transportation Act)
• Liquid Waste (sewage, sewage effluent and sludge)
• Metallic Waste (not limited to derelict vehicles, farm machinery, appliance and other items comprised mostly of metal)
• Ozone Depleting Waste (items as regulated under the Ozone Depleting Substances Act)
• Recyclable Waste (items accepted by local recycling processors)
• Waste Oil (oil, lubricants, grease petroleum and like substances)
• Waste Tire (tires discarded for reasons of wear or damage)
All metal appliances or scrap metal can be dropped off at the metal depot at the Public Works Building on Traverse Rd. These items can also be picked up for a fee based on the size of load. Please inquire with the town.
Every person may dispose of bulky wastes, at their own expense, at the Steinbach Nuisance Grounds, located at 104 Hanover Road East, south of the City of Steinbach.
Compact fluorescent lights and leftover paint are accepted at Sainte. Anne Builders Supply, 29 Centrale Ave, Monday to Friday from 8:30am - 6:00pm.
Waste Oil and Waste Tires can be recycled year round at the Steinbach Landfill's Eco Centre, located at 104 Hanover Road East.
Electronic waste or E-waste can be dropped off at the Eastman Recycling Services building located in Steinbach's industrial park at 60 Industrial Road. Items collected include:
• Computers, monitors, printers, and scanners.
• Printer cartridges may be dropped off at Staples, 190 Highway 12 North.
Household Hazardous Waste can be dropped off at the Steinbach Nuisance Grounds-Landfill, Tuesday to Saturday, 9 am - 4 pm. Items accepted include:
•Disinfectants, bleach, ammonia, abrasive powders, mildew & rust removers
•Kerosene, lighter fluid
•Paint, spray paint, lacquers, solvents, turpentine, epoxies, acrylics, wood preservatives, furniture polish / wax
•Hair dyes, hair sprays, medicine, polish remover
•Fluorescent and CFL bulbs
•Household cleaners: window, toilet, oven, drain, all-purpose, rug, upholstery, septic tank
•Mothballs, rodent poison, ant & wasp spray, insecticides, fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides
•Automotive: car batteries, waxes, polishes, antifreeze, gasoline, brake & transmission fluids
Unless otherwise stated Steinbach Nuisance Grounds-Landfill, hours of operation are as follows:
Summer (April – October) Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm Saturday 8am to 6pm Winter (October – March) Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm Saturday 9am to 4pm Closed – Sunday and Holidays
The fees to bring waste to the Steinbach Nuisance Ground-Landfill are as follows;
•$5.00 min fee for garbage
•$57.50 per tonne for amounts greater than the $5.00 min
•Special waste $60.00 per tonne
The Town will reserve 2 days a year (ie: in May and September) for collection and disposal of bulky waste, “an item or thing having a weight which exceeds 32 kgs (75 lbs.) or a total dimension which exceeds 3 cubic meters (7 cubic yards) and without limiting the generality of the foregoing includes appliances, furniture, auto parts, large crates, packing products, hay and straw”. ***Tires are excluded from pick up***
For more information, please contact the Operations Manager, Marc Darker at 204 422-5293.
Bulky waste is: “an item or thing having a weight which exceeds 32 kgs (75 lbs.) or a total dimension which exceeds 3 cubic meters (7 cubic yards). Bulky waste will NOT be picked up with regular garbage. Item(s) must be brought to the landfill in Steinbach (see abpve for hours and rates), or you can make arrangements at the Town of Ste. Anne office for a special pick-up for a fee on a Bulky waste day (EXCEPTIONS MAY APPLY).
Bulky Waste is picked up twice a year by the Town of Ste. Anne for FREE as a special service to our residents.
Tuesday, May 16 or Friday, May 19
Tuesday, Sept. 12 or Friday, Sept. 22
Bulky Waste Regulations on pick up dates:
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, includes appliances, furniture, auto parts, large crates, packing products, hay and straw”.
***Tires are excluded from pick up***
The Town of Ste. Anne’s 3rd Fall Curbside Giveaway Weekend is scheduled for: September 9 and 10, 2017
Are you doing some pre-fall cleaning and have some items in good condition that you’ll never use again? Residents are invited to take advantage of this year’s fall giveaway weekend on September 9 and 10, 2017. This is a great opportunity to find a new owner for those clean and reusable unwanted items taking up space in your home or to browse the curbs for some great finds.
Tips if you are giving away items
- Place unwanted household items at the curb on your front street.
- Label each item with a FREE sticker or sign.
- Store items out of sight that you don't want to give away.
Remove leftover items from the curb by dusk on Sunday. (any items left at the curb will be picked up by public works personnel and presumed to be garbage)
Examples of giveaway items include:
- Books, CDs and DVDs
- Furniture, electronics and small appliances
- Sports equipment and toys
- Yard and gardening tools and equipment (e.g., lawn mowers, snow blowers, rakes, shovels)
- Kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans
- Unwanted gifts
- Construction materials (e.g., nails, paint, wood)
Please do not put out:
- Items that could be unsafe
- Items that could harbour bed bugs (e.g., mattresses, furniture, bedding)
- Toilets (with a flush volume of 13 litres or more)
Tips if you are cruising the curbs looking for treasures
- Take only the items at the curb marked "FREE."
- Don't walk or drive on private lawns or gardens.
- Don't discard any items on private property.
- Obey the traffic laws at all times (e.g., don't block traffic, park illegally or block driveways with your vehicle).
Pulford Community Living Services Inc. is a not-for-profit community based organization aimed at providing non-institutionalized residential and day support for adults living with a developmental disability.
Started by volunteers in 1986, Pulford initially provided residential supports to six individuals and an outreach day service to ten. Over the years we have been able to grow in these areas allowing for more people to receive the supports that they require both residentially and in the day service. In addition we have grown in the type of supports we are able to provide to now include outreach supports to families and supported independent living options.
From the first person served to the numerous homes and options now available we have maintained a steady but moderate growth while ensuring that we maintain our high standard of individualized support services.
Pulford Community Living Services Inc. offers recycling pick-up within the Town of Sainte. Anne.
View/print the 2017 Recycling Schedule in PDF format.
**Please note that the Recycling company will not pick up any styrofoam products such as meat trays, packaging etc.**
- Every 2nd Wednesday: All residences EAST of Arena Road and St. Gerard Street
- Every 2nd Friday: All residences WEST of Arena Road and St. Gerard Street (including residences on those streets)
Did you know you could recycle your compact fluorescent lights and leftover paint? Both of these items are accepted at Sainte. Anne Builders Supply, 29 Centrale Ave, Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 6:00pm.
- DO put your recycling in clear plastic bags
- DO take your lids off all glass and plastic containers
- DO rinse all containers
- DON’T include garbage, food, diapers, wood, Styrofoam (meat trays, packaging etc), scrap metals nor plastic bags
Click to go to the WEBSITE. There you will find what can be recycled and where you can drop these items off. There are 2 convenient locations in Steinbach.... Eastman Reycyling at 60 Industrial Rd. and Staples (restricted to residential ewaste) Do your part and recycle your electronics.
The Province of Manitoba has launched a new website to help you find where to bring your recyclables. Please click the link to bring you to this informative website.